‘Port Perspective’ – Dublin Port’s Social Media Campaign.
- social media
Dublin Port has a unique connection with the city of Dublin, sharing a unique history, culture and community with the national capital.
Social media has been an essential tool to sustain and strengthen this connection and to ensure the Port is fully integrated and communicating effectively with its communities.
Dublin Port wished to encourage the people of Dublin to come explore and enjoy the realms around the Port and for the public to tell us what their favourite part of Dublin Port is. This would reinforce the link with the people of Dublin, and also celebrate these unique connections.
Idea and Dublin port collaborated on a photo competition, where the public shared an image that captured their favourite part of the Port using #MyPortPerspective. Studio artwork and videos were produced by Idea to launch the campaign, which was a brilliant success.
Dublin Port Company and Idea had incredible entries and goodwill around the campaign. 30 finalists were then selected and put to a public vote for a period of one week. Some key stats included:
Over 1,500 entries
- The voting microsite received 19.6K visits and 12.6K votes.
- The total ad spend and ROI on the competition was low – just €375
- The print spend was also kept low- €150 for design & print of 30 posters and €261 for the finalist’s shots.
- During the course of the 6-week campaign, we saw a growth of 1,718 across all channels.
- The public loved the transparency of the public voting as there was no politics and it brought the community together
- Facebook fans base grew by 6.8%
Dublin Port arranged a photo exhibition at CHQ, showcasing the 30 winners and runners-up. The exhibition which was open to the public ran over the May Bank Holiday weekend, further reinforced the special link between the Port and the people of Dublin.