Data privacy is of high importance for Idea and we want to be open and transparent with our processing of your personal data. We therefore have a policy setting out how your personal data will be processed and protected.
Information about our Web site
Last updated on the 3rd July 2018.
This is the corporate website of Idea Limited. We are a limited company in Ireland and our Head Office is situated at 5 Clarendon Mews, Lad Lane, Dublin 2.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
You can access and browse our website without disclosing your personal information to us.
If you are just surfing and reading information on the website, as any other website we do collect and store the following anonymous information about your visit:
- The IP address associated with your connection when you were visiting the website;
- The operating system and the browser you used when visiting the website;
- The URL that referred you to the website;
- The date and time and duration of your visit; and
- The URLs of the pages you visit on the website.
We may use this anonymous information for statistical reasons and we may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to personal identification information with third parties to help us better understand how people use our website and their interest in our services.
Where do we store your data?
The data that we collect from you is stored within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) but may also be transferred to and processed in a country outside of the EEA. Any such transfer of your personal data will be carried out in compliance with applicable laws.
For transfers outside the EEA, we will use Standard Contractual Clauses and Shields as safeguards for countries without adequacy decisions from the European Commission.
Who can access your data?
We never pass on, sell or swap your data for marketing purposes to third parties outside our company. Data that is forwarded to third parties, is only used to provide you with our services. We do not automatically log personal identification information when you use and interact with this website. We do not link information automatically logged by other means with personal identification information about specific individuals who use and interact with this website. We do not collect information about our visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organizations.
However, you may choose to disclose personal information to Idea Ltd by various methods on this website which include but are not limited to any contact forms, creative brief form or when you complete an on-line survey. This personal information may be used to identify you as an individual only.
If you supply us with personal identification information we will use that information for the purpose of providing you with the service or information that you requested from Idea Ltd.
You consent to us
- Using your personal information to recommend other services to you or provide you with other information that we believe may be relevant to you; and
- Disclosing your personal information to third parties who are assisting us to provide services or information to our customers or to better understand our customer needs.
We may also be required by law to disclose your personal information to authorities in some circumstances. We will only do this if it is permitted and required under the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
What is the legal ground for processing?
For every specific process of personal data we collect from you, we will inform you whether the provision of personal data is statutory or required to enter a contract and whether it is an obligation to provide the personal data and possible consequences if you choose not to.
What are your rights?
Right to access:
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. You can contact us and we will provide you with the necessary documents to request and receive your personal data.
Right to portability:
Whenever Idea processes your personal data, by automated means based on your consent or based on an agreement, you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal data you have submitted to us.
Right to rectification:
You have the right to request rectification of your personal data if the information is incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
Right to erasure:
You have the right to erase any personal data processed by Idea at any time except for the following situations:
- to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information;
- to comply with a legal obligation;
- for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority;
- for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific research historical research or statistical purposes where erasure is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of that processing; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
The GDPR also specifies two circumstances where the right to erasure will not apply to special category data:
- if the processing is necessary for public health purposes in the public interest (eg protecting against serious cross-border threats to health, or ensuring high standards of quality and safety of health care and of medicinal products or medical devices); or
- if the processing is necessary for the purposes of preventative or occupational medicine (eg where the processing is necessary for the working capacity of an employee; for medical diagnosis; for the provision of health or social care; or for the management of health or social care systems or services). This only applies where the data is being processed by or under the responsibility of a professional subject to a legal obligation of professional secrecy (eg a health professional).
Your right to object to processing based on legitimate interest:
You have the right to object to processing of your personal data that is based on our legitimate interest. We will not continue to process the personal data unless we can demonstrate legitimate grounds for the process which overrides your interest and rights or due to legal claims.
Cookies are used to monitor website traffic and enhance your experience of our website. Cookies are pieces of data which your computer, mobile or table device downloads when you visit a website. Cookies are used to keep track of your preferences and to recognise return visitors.
Your right to object to direct marketing:
You have the right to object to direct marketing, including profiling analysis made for direct marketing purposes.
Right to restriction:
You have the right to request that Idea restricts the process of your personal data under the following circumstances:
- if you object to a processing based legitimate interest, Idea shall restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the legitimate interest. if you have claim that your personal data is
- incorrect, we must restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the accuracy of the personal data.
- if the processing is unlawful you can oppose the erasure of personal data and instead request the restriction of the use of your personal data instead
- if Idea no longer needs the personal data but it is required by you to defend legal claims.
Data Protection Representative:
We have appointed a Data Protection Representative to ensure that we continuously process your personal data in an open, accurate and legal manner. You can contact our Data Protection Representative at Ciaranfox@idea.ie and write DPR as subject matter.
Right to complain with a supervisory authority:
If you consider Idea to process your personal data in an incorrect way you can contact us. You also have the right to raise a complaint to a supervisory authority.
Updates to our Privacy Notice:
We may need to update our Privacy Notice. The latest version of the Privacy Notice is always available on our website. We will communicate any material changes to the Privacy Notice, for example the purpose of why we use your personal data, the identity of the Controller or your rights.